History

Site/Office Entrance

BRUNO BOCK Chemische Fabrik GmbH & Co. KG, a privately owned enterprise, was founded in 1937 in Hamburg. Originally, the company was begun as a trading company and later developed and specialized in the manufacture and sale of ORGANIC SULFUR CHEMICALS.

In 1950 BRUNO BOCK began producing Thioglycolic Acid and today it is a leading producer of that product and its derivatives. In 1968, when the company outgrew its available facilities in Hamburg, it was moved to Marschacht on the southern bank of the Elbe River 30 km east of Hamburg.

Since the early 1990s, in addition to its Thioglycolic Acid production, the company has also been producing 3-Mercaptopropionic Acid, Thiolactic Acid and their derivatives like esters, Polythiols and salts.

In the last years we have developed new Polythiols for coating applications and as optical monomers for high index optical polymers.

Evans Chemetics LP

Waterloo Site
Office in Glenpoint Center, Teaneck

In September 2005, BRUNO BOCK acquired the Evans Chemetics business unit and its production site in Waterloo, New York, and established EVANS CHEMETICS LP as a wholly owned subsidiary in the USA. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, EVANS CHEMETICS LP has distributed BRUNO BOCK products in the USA which are manufactured only in Germany throughout the USA since 2006. See also www.thiochem.com

Bruno Bock Today

BRUNO BOCK maintains an innovative, lean and highly skilled organization and has a long history in the global marketplace of successful and steady realtionships with its values and esteemed customers. 

One of our foremost goals and commitments is to provide unmatched quality products and undivided dedication to our customers. To improve our service we have established an application testing laboratory.

Our product line is flexible and reliable. To sustain our products, we are continuously driven to develop better qualities with improved processes, under strict controls and compatible with our environment.